More and more people these days are turning to natural remedies for energy and to help reduce fatigue.
Do you often feel like you’ve simply run out of batteries? Do you sometimes find it hard to find solutions to your problems? Do you feel scattered, distracted and sometimes with lack of motivation and interest in the things you usually love to do?
Well, you are more than likely suffering from fatigue, possibly chronic fatigue and in need of an energy boost and some redirection.
High up on the popularity list are Doterra essential oils for energy-boosting alternatives to caffeine and unhealthy energy drinks.
We are all more than familiar with the feeling of having low energy or feeling emotionally exhausted or drained. Unfortunately, life’s stressors often get the better of us and stress at home or stress at work can leave us feeling fatigued, and more often than not, mentally tired as well as physically.
Low energy levels are not always obviously through classic signs like achy muscles, but you may start to find yourself unable to concentrate, or becoming irritable and easily frustrated.
Often you may want to increase your energy levels, not because you’re feeling tired or stressed but simply be for an extra boost while working out at the gym or at your yoga class. Maybe you have a post-work exercise routine and want an extra boost of energy to step it up to the next level!
Symptoms of low energy or fatigue include:
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Moodiness or Irritability
- Reduced concentration
- Loss of desire to socialize or exercise
- Achy muscles
- Sluggish movements and a constant feeling of being exhausted
Reasons you could be low on energy could be:
- Low on Vitamin B12
- Emotional Stress, anxiety or depression
- Low iron levels (Anemia)
- Lack of sufficient daily exercise
- Not enough sleep or poor quality sleep
- Overstimulation ( caffeine, energy drinks)
- Poor diet
- Thyroid disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Adrenal Fatigue
- Leaky gut syndrome
For some of the above reasons it’s important to consult a medical health professional, however, they are also some easy effective and natural ways to boost your energy levels such as:
- Take quality supplements
- Increase your physical activity
- Stretch and breathe
- Drink more water and stay hydrated
- Eat small more frequent meals
- Get a good night sleep and a power nap during the day
- Use essential oils as part of your daily routine to keep energy levels up
Essential Oils for Energy
Using essential oils for energy is a natural, healthy and revitalizing way to start your day, boost your energy levels during the day or to pump up your exercise routine!
Diffusing any citrus essential oil is shown to help uplift and improve your mood, whilst other essential oils are beneficial in invigorating the senses, helping with focus and alertness stimulating the brain.
6 Best Essential Oils for energy & reducing fatigue:
Peppermint Essential Oil comes from a multi-purpose plant who’s components are used by health industries around the world. When used aromatically, peppermint oil will enliven the senses and promote increased feelings of energy and focus. This oil is also invigorating and ideal for helping you stay alert and aware.
How to use:
- Add one drop of peppermint, one drop of wild orange and one drop of frankincense in the palm of your hand and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Mix with coconut oil and add to a roller bottle an apply on the chest, wrists and the back of your next before starting your day, concentrating on a task or before a workout or a run.
- Rub a couple of drops on your temples to help alertness and focus.
Wild Orange Essential Oil is the ideal oil for home, body, and mind. With a strong, sweet, citrus aroma it promotes an energizing and uplifting ambiance. Thanks to its primary chemical constituent, Limonene, Wild Orange can also help stimulate and uplift your mood as well as increase feelings of energy and awareness.
How to use:
- Ideal to diffuse at the beginning of your day or when feeling af lack of energy at the end of the day or evening.
- Mix with a drop of peppermint oil and rub on the back of the neck.
- Add to your shower gel for an invigorating morning shower.
Rosemary Essential Oil has a chemical make up offering renewing properties that are both energizing and grounding at the same time. Its chemical constituents 1,8 Cineole and alpha-pinene are known to have enhancing effects on mood.
When diffused this essential oil can help maintain concentration and increase focus. Rosemary essential oil can also be taken internally to help reduce occasional fatigue and nervous tension*
How to use:
- Blend with lavender, wintergreen, and coconut for a relaxing, soothing massage.
- Diffuse with wild orange, lemon, lavender or jasmine essential oils.
Cedarwood Essential Oil has a warm and woody scent offering numerous different benefits such as promoting feelings of vitality and wellness. It is a great way to boost your energy before a workout.
Cedarwood is also known for its calming and grounding properties and can calm the mind and reduce stress and anxiety levels which often lead to fatigue and exhaustion.
How to use:
- Rub on your chest to promote vitality throughout a workout
- Diffuse with two drops of wintergreen to promote confidence and feelings of wellness
Frankincense Essential Oil is known as the king of the oils and has powerful and notable uses and benefits. This oil contains a unique mix of chemical components such as monoterpenes which contribute to its ability to help increases focus and relaxation.
Frankincense’s powerful aroma can also help dispel negative feelings like stress and invoke feelings of increased energy and peace of mind.
How to use:
- Blend 1 drop with 1 drop of sandalwood and 2 drops of grapefruit oil to uplift your mood.
- Take one drop under your tongue each morning when you wake up for focus and clarity of mind.
Grapefruit Essential Oil has a truly invigorating aroma which when diffused, invokes a sense of clarity, and thanks to its main chemical component, limonene, can help to uplift your mood too.
How to use:
- Feeling tense? rub a few drops over your neck and shoulders
- Add 1 drop to your morning water for a vitalizing boost and delicious flavor.
- Diffuse 2 drops with 2 drops of juniper berry and 1 drop of wild orange for an uplifting and stimulating aroma.
Emotional Healing for Low Energy and Fatigue
You need some redirection and intention here. To resume and revive your love and joy of life. Find time to take a break, to pause and find balance in what you are currently up against. Accept what you are living in the present moment and release the past. Allow the present moment to bring you the much-needed energy your body craves.
Take time to meditate. Focus on your goals and dreams. Do something for yourself and learn to love yourself so that in doing so you can love and cherish the people around you that deserve your love and attract their love towards you in return.
Healing affirmation – I am enthusiastic about life and filled with energy and enthusiasm.