doTERRA Compensation Plan
The doTERRA compensation plan compensates their members by rewarding them with bonuses, free products and commissions in return for sharing products and supporting others that do the same. Instead of advertising in a store or an online ad they choose to use person to person advertising. This way they are able to promote healthy living through the use of their Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and the members who love their products.
dōTERRA’s Compensation Plan rewards leadership, incenticizes collaboration and sets up their Wellness Advocates and Leaders to create powerful long lasting financial gain and eventually freedom.
Below are the the different compensation plans explained.
Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is designed to provide you with immediate earnings when you enroll others. You then receive, as their enroller, 20 percent of the PV of every order the new Wellness Advocate places in their first 60 days.
How to qualify:
1. To qualify for this opportunity you must have a 100 PV LRP order set up at all times. Your 100 PV LRP order must also process during the month.
2. The Fast Start Bonus is the only commission paid out weekly. All other bonuses are paid out on a monthly basis.
3. Enrollers earn commission up to three levels. The enroller of the enroller will earn 10 percent, while their enroller will earn 5 percent. (See diagram) Beyond the third level of enrollership, no Fast Start will be earned.
4. There is no compression with the Fast Start Bonus. For example, if you enroll someone who then enrolls someone else and the person you enrolled does not qualify for Fast Start, you will not receive the 20 percent they would have earned from their enrollee. You will still receive the 10 percent.
5. New Wellness Advocates can earn Fast Start Bonuses in their enrollment month as long as they have an LRP template of at least 100 PV set up.
6. Only new Wellness Advocates and Wholesale Customers count towards your Fast Start Bonuses. Retail customers do not qualify you for the bonus.
Power of Three
The Power of 3 is an important bonus designed to help you structure your doTERRA business in an effective way. Each new member that you sign up will join your ‘downline’. In the beginning you will add them as your énrollee in order to gain the Fast Start Bonus AND as their sponser in order to start building your member tree and start earning Power of Three bonuses as well as for Rank Advancement.
While you could potentially sponsor all of your new enrollees, later on this is not your best strategy if you want to maximize the compensation plan. Instead, place your new enrollees under another member of your downline who you believe has the motivation and passion to become a builder or sharer like you.
Consider personality types, background, etc. before placing someone. For more help on this, talk to one of our Wellness Coaches about Structuring Users, Sharers, and Builders.
How to qualify
- To qualify for the Power of 3, you must set up a 100 PV Loyalty Rewards order. All 3 team members you enroll must also have a 100 PV LRP order set up, as well as any people they enroll later on.
- Power of 3 is paid on a monthly basis.
- There are three Power of 3 Bonuses that you can earn: $50, $250, and $1500. Each bonus is achieved through structure and team volume as described below:
- $50: You must have three personally sponsored Wellness Advocates and a total of 600 Team Volume. (Team Volume includes your personal order, the orders of your frontline, retail orders, and Wholesale Customer orders.)
- $250: Your three frontline team members must each have three other qualified, personally sponsored Wellness Advocates under them with a minimum of 600 Team Volume. (See example image below.)
- $1500: Your nine qualified Wellness Advocates also must each have three qualified, personally sponsored Wellness Advocates enrolled under them with a minimum of 600 Team Volume.
Uni Level Commission
Unilevel does not start out as the bulk of your check, but as you build over time, it can definitely be the most significant part of your doTERRA income. Here are a few key things to note that make it the key to a strong, residual income opportunity.
1. The highest percentage is earned on lower levels.
Unlike many other companies, doTERRA’s compensation plan lets you earn the highest percentage on the lower levels. As you grow or mentor your team leaders and structure efficiently for rank, you will see your team grow wider on your deeper levels. This means the lowest percentages are earned on the smaller groups of people and the highest levels earned on the largest groups. Look at the difference in payout with the comparison to the left.
2. There is no breakage in payout.
doTERRA’s Unilevel is set up to make sure there is no breakage in payout. If someone below you doesn’t qualify to earn the Unilevel on another member’s order it will roll up to you. This happens throughout every level of your organization!
Wellness Advocates earn 25 percent profit on purchases made by their Retail Customers via their personal doTERRA business website. (this is provided to all Wellness Advocates free of charge) They must qualify with a 100 PV order each month to receive these commissions.
Alternatively Wellness Advocates can buy dōTERRA products from the Company at wholesale prices for resale to customers. The Company suggests retail prices. However, Wellness Advocates are free to set their own selling price, so long as the price is above the wholesale price, and the purchasers personally consume the products they purchase.
Advertisements are to be in accordance with the Company minimum advertised price (MAP) policy.
Click here to download the dotERRA Build Guide which goes into more detail in explaining the doTERRA Compensation Plan including: Fast Start Bonus, Uni Level commissions, Power of Three and Rank Bonuses.
Personal Volume (PV): The point value of products you purchase in one calendar month, primarily for resale to customers or your personal consumption. Not all products qualify for PV value. PV does not include purchases of product with Product Credit.